PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Guido's web

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guido's web

Post by TN hunter on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well I just got off the phone with Mr. Palasini, and I finally ordered a web. As soon as it comes in I will take pictures of it and my set up (modified) and post them. I'm excited to be a bit more lite and much quieter.
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Guido's web

Post by Pinch Point on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:54 pm

I used a combo of both LW sticks and screw in steps. I used 3 sticks and 3 or 4 steps to get to the hight I would want, a little bit of work but not to bad takes 15 to 20 min. Thinking about just getting a fourth stick.
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinch Point on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Ps.. Only used mine two weeks of rifle and late black power season.
Pinch Point
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Whispers Death on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:12 am

I have around 10 trees set up with pull lines. I have no problem getting set up and ready to shoot 5-10 minutes after reaching my tree.....5 minutes if I already set the rope earlier. If I have to carry a rope, it's about 2 lbs added. Then I just have a hand ascender, foot loop, pulley, carabiner, and a Petzl Rig. I can't imagine an easier, less strenuous, quieter method. Not the lightest....but way lighter than my climber and so much easier and more adaptive to different trees.

Whispers Death
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by justwill on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Does anyone have any experience using the q safe anchor and strap from blinded hunter with the web. Moving the strap that comes with it is a pain in the ?ss. I would use the rope you guys do but do not under stand what the prusik knot does. Why cant you just use a rope with figure 8 loops in each end and girth hitch that?

justwill

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:49 pm

justwill wrote:Does anyone have any experience using the q safe anchor and strap from blinded hunter with the web.  Moving the strap that comes with it is a pain in the ?ss.  I would use the rope you guys do but do not under stand what the prusik knot does.  Why cant you just use a rope with figure 8 loops in each end and girth hitch that?

You can certainly just use the rope. The prussic knot is for fast adjustment - if you want to be a little higher slide the prussic up the mainline & vice versa to be lower.

STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by justwill on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:46 pm

cbigbear you sir are a wealth of knowledge. Well I have tried the q safe and am not 100% sold on it. I have been using it in the backyard and at low height and the stitching isn't all that hot. I believe im going to go with the rope prusik combo.

justwill

Back to top Go down

Post by justwill on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:47 pm

whispers death I would really love to know more about ur climbing method. were is the best place to start? ive read this thread twice and you still lost me I am a little slow

justwill

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Is there anyone that makes the prusik not and rope modification? Would like to buy it and use it instead of the strap the Web came with.
Bchadwick1990
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Last Arrow on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Muddy outdoors and Lone Wolf makes a rope with the prusik . they call it a "lineman's rope". Could someone confirm it is the same as the rope that people are using to hang their guido's. Then you would need to find a good bridge material and you would be set.

Last Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:11 pm

I'll be looking for it. Thanks!
Bchadwick1990
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bchadwick1990 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 pm

I found the Lone Wolf Lineman's Rope on Sportsmans Guide and it looks like a great option. However, I also found the Lone Wolf Safety Line which looks like the same set up only and long tag end, 30 feet in all, I was wondering if this would be a good option? I was thinking if I hunted one evening and planned on going to the same tree in the morning I could leave the Safety Line on the tree and it be waiting on me in the morning, and it would already be in the position I needed it to be. I plan on using the climbing rope method that Dave used in his review of the Guidos Web. I am worried if the Safety Line is made as stout as the Lineman's Rope. Any opinions welcome!
Bchadwick1990
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCal Bryan on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:08 pm

Whisper and others using SRT climbing. I don't yet have a web, but the micro frog ascent setup is appealing to me (now middle aged & 280lbs+) but I'm wondering if it's possible (& safe) with the web's harness design. See http://youtu.be/8SpQ1AC0Ikw . It seems this method would be less strenuous for me. I realize I'd need a separate rappel device with this technique (which I already have from my rock climbing days in my youth). Any feedback appreciated.

SoCal Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Whispers Death on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Bryan,
Ya never know for sure until you try it. It just seems a lot more complicated to set up than what I am using and the switch over is just a killer for me. Really the Rads/Yo-yo is not taxing at all. I mean, you can climb the tree anyway you want and then hook up to a separate cinch, but that defeats the purpose of easy in and out. Looks like you would need a kroll and a foot ascender and I don't see it being that compatible with the harness.

Otto

Whispers Death
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCal Bryan on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:03 am

Thanks for the feedback Otto. I have an older Grigri (early 1990's) from my rock days. I think I've heard the design has evolved a bit since then. If I try out a yo-yo setup using the Grigri at first to save some money, anything to look out for (other than keeping it weighted as you already mentioned early in the thread)?

SoCal Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:30 pm

This thread is old but I'm going to revive it. I think I'm going to use either four sticks, the one stick method, or a hand climber top. I will keep you up-to-date.

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Parkersdad on Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

How many of you are still using the Web after using it for a few years?

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top