PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

THOSE FIRST ACORNS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THOSE FIRST ACORNS

Post by crooketarrow on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:00 am

Looking out my window seting here typeing. drinking my morning coffie before starting my day. Theres 4 huge 300 year old white oaks in my yard and 3 others across the fence in a pasture field. One of those trees is 30 yards away at my back fence, a water trouths across a fence under the oak.
For the last 3 morning there's been the same doe with twin fawns. A 6 point that looks to be her fawn from last year. And nice 2 1/2,100 inch 8 point. None of yhe really mature bucks come there in the day light. To far from cover.
Their sucking up those first acorns that hit the ground. I see this every year about this time when those first nuts start hitting the ground. If you kmow what to look for while your scouting everything stays the same from year to year only the bucks die and change.
I live on a farm in farm land. 5 Miles from the mountains those oaks on the lee side of the mountains those white oaks are falling good by now. And deer have aready changed thee feeding patterens to incluude the acorns.

crooketarrow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Re: THOSE FIRST ACORNS

Post by TN hunter on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:00 pm

I have also noticed here in Tn there are some acorns that are dropping I need to hit the woods and find were there feeding now.
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by mspaci on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:47 pm

I am sitting in my camper & they are hitting the roof. Mike

mspaci

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:48 am

Seeing the first of the white oaks starting here as well. I got underneath one, and looked up, looks like a bumper crop. That will be nice, we had almost total mast crop failure last year on 80% of the areas I hunt. Made things difficult early on, with so many fields being planted in corn and not soy because of the high corn prices.

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS: MARYLAND CHAPTER REPRESENTATIVE
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crooketarrow on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 am

Yea, the acorns are nice here (WV) in my yard and around fields edges on the farm I live on. I have 4 ,300 year old white oaks in my yard and 3 others right across the fence in a pasture field. The acorns a huge all the rain we've had.
Acorns are like apples you have a good year bad year. And red oaks are slower yet. Unlike a white oak tree, a red oak tree only produce every other year.
FERTIZE THOSE OAKS YOU'LL HAVE GOOD YEAR GREAT YEAR. Then years there's little or no mast years you'll have trees with acorns. To hunt and it won't deer very long to find acorns are there every year.

crooketarrow
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum