PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Muddy Outdoors climbing sticks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Muddy Outdoors climbing sticks

Post by heydeerman on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:15 am

I have had several sets of Lone Wolf sticks over the years. I have been considering getting a set made by Muddy Outdoors but am a little concerned with the length and whether I can get as high as I want with 4 20" sticks. I like to get between 16-20 feet and will be using a Treesuit (out of business but I used to be a dealer for them). Anyone have an input?
heydeerman
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Muddy Outdoors climbing sticks

Post by ArcherAdam on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm

I would get a 5th stick. I have the Muddy's and feel the 5th one gets me around 20'. I have never measured though.

They are nice. I used them with a Treesaddle. Not too familar with the Tree Suit but I can tell you if you suit has Molle like loops you can partially fold your step up and put it in the loop upside down (like an ice pick). You will be up the tree in no time.

ArcherAdam

Back to top Go down

Post by NanookOdaNorth on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 pm

I use 4 Muddy sticks and usually end up about 16 feet high. Quietest way I have discovered to climb a tree, as well!

I think you will like them!

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 am

I have always been a screw in step guy but out of necessity I need to get a system that won't damage the tree and the muddies are the way I am leaning. Does anybody have anything bad to say about them? All the reviews I have read about them are stellar.

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm

The only thing I was concerned with is the rope coming out of the grips? wasn't sure if they can come out or not? Other than that they look awesome!
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:38 am

I ordered a set and they should be here tomorrow. I will post the results when I get a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by stagman on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:15 pm

They are great! Silent and easy to put up in the dark plus the full step is what you need when climbing. You will enjoy them.

stagman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top