PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Loc on restoration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loc on restoration

Post by vortex1 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 am

This is an old loc on spirit, I saw this stand and a mag 3 hangim in my buddy's barn and bought both of them for $10:) im thinkin it was from tha late 80's not sure. I think this stand weighs like 8 lbs, nedless to say i got my moneys worth. I didnt think to take a picture of tha before only the after. But most of the paint was gone, the seat had been ripped off, and one of the folding braces was bent slightly. so with the help of some spray paint, indusrial strength canvas and a vise, its not to pretty but it works excellent.finished product. Smile [img][/img]
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Re: Loc on restoration

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:58 am

Did you put the expended on or is that from the factory? The original Loc-on stands had thin plywood platforms and it is scarier than all get out when your foot goes through after a few years of use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 am

Great buy!

STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 pm

all i did was paint it with green and black spray paint and put a seat on it. everything else is factory. I dont know exactly how old it is but its pretty old. i didnt know they made them out of plywood. I didnt do much to it but for the price its hard to beat. Smile
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtdobber on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Looks like a public land special!,only $10, that want hurt your feelings if someone else swipes it. I will hang some cheap stand up as well and if someone else decides they want it more than me it doesnt hurt my wallet. To bad your friend didn't have 4 or 5 more.

dirtdobber

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:59 pm

yeah id be all overem if he did. Im gonna put some backpack straps on it, also am about to start lineman school so im gettin a new pair of spikes so ima be travelin ultra light. wouldnt bother me to bad but i could never buy this stand again in a million years for that price so im probly not gonna leave it, its gonna be my in and out stand. Smile
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:52 am

I suggest changing out the chain for a strap if this is going to be your moblie setup. Straps are queiter & easier to work with. Gorilla makes a nice strap.

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:18 am

I already did, also i didnt trust those little hooks either so i put some chain link couplers in their place works well. Ima try tha gorilla strap, thanks cbigbear. Smile
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:15 am

No problem bro. You got yourself a good little stand & at a heck of a price. I've been trying to find one of the original Loc-on Limit or Windwalker stands. These were sub 6lb stands. No luck yet but maybe I'll come across one someday.

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Im not sure what it weighs but it doesnt weigh much, i knew id never run across a deal like that again so i boughtem without thought, and it has really turned out to be an excellent stand so far. Ive hung it in the yard a few times, seems to work well but we will know for sure when i start hunting with it. Also try flea markets,yard sales,and trade days, I like old school hunting stuff and places like these are the way to go. Good luck. Smile
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top