PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Going to buy PSE rally

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going to buy PSE rally

Post by FerroRodMaster on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Hay guys im new to the forum and pretty much new to compound bows. I know enough that I can make a good decision on buying the bow I want and make my own target but other then that I dont know much. I am a crossbow shooter and grew up using a compound but it got to little for me which is why im buying the rally. Wanted to know if you guys could tell me about arrows fletchings feild points anything like that.

FerroRodMaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Going to buy PSE rally

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. My guess would be that most of the guys on this forum are going to agree with me that feathers are the way to go. They are not the maintenance nightmare that most guys shooting vanes will tell you, but you will shoot better with them. Getting guys to agree on the brand of feather is going to be tougher. I have shot AMG(they were OK, great considering the price), Gateway(The last 100 I got were crap, threw half of them away), Bearpaw that are sold through Kustomking(JUNK) and the mack daddy of feathers, Trueflight. They are more expensive, but every time I have purchased them, they have been first rate.

As for field points, I have kind of come to the conclusion that they are all the same. Just make sure that you get points that are the right diameter for your shaft and that you shoot the proper weight point for the setup your shooting. Most archery shops only seem to address static spine when selecting arrows, and far more importantly, the points that go on them. This is a big mistake, because static spine means absolutely nothing. Who care how stiff your arrow is when it is sitting in your quiver. Dynamic spine is what really matters. This is how your arrow will react to everything around it at the time of the shot. It is fairly easy to figure out and there even some dynamic spine calculators available on the internet.

Some information that is helpful in determining what arrow you need to build is, what the bow is going to be used for, draw weight, draw length, are you shooting a release or fingers, What arrow shaft are you planing on using, the rest your using, are you planing to use lighted nocks or an arrow wrap, how far are you planing on shooting and what type of environment are you going to be using the bow in.

I realize that I just threw a whole lot of info at you and most of it is unnecessary if all you want to do is kill deer at reasonable ranges(30 yards and less). I have a tendency to wildly over think things and I demand nothing but the absolute best from myself and my equipment. Speaking of that, I realize that you said that you had picked out a bow, but I was wondering if you had looked at the Diamond Infinite Edge. It is along the same lines as the PSE you had mentioned in your post. I figured I would mention it because I have shot a lot of bows and I have found that for me, the bowtech lineup just shined a little brighter than everything else.

Here is a link to check it out. http://www.diamondarchery.com/#/productBreakdown?r=products_products&i=42

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 am

I looked the bow up , you should be good with blazers and a moderately spined arrow depending on the broadheads weight. that looks alot like my brothers old pse brute and he shot beman ics 400 arrows with blazer vanes and a 100grn broadhead. and tuned up you could drive tacks with it. PSE is a good brand and is all my brother shoots and has shot for the past 15 years theyre pretty good ol bows. If you stay in betwinxt a 300 to 400 spine shootin a hundred grains you should tune up purty good and blazer vanes will work fine. This should be close enough to get you goin, the more meticulous stuff comes from playin with the bow. Its a good lookin bow to, i think youll like it. By the way i shoot a hoyt, its old and slow, but its the bow i prefer, so you get what you want and what you prefer. Because in the end youll shoot it not us. Good luck. Smile
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top