PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

NanookOdaNorth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NanookOdaNorth

Post by Waiting4Fall on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:04 pm

I live in Pennsylvania and I have been bowhunting since I was 12 years old (33 years!). My favorite animal to bowhunt is the whitetail deer because they are usually just a little bit smarter than I am. They truly are a challenging adversary, to say the least! Plus, I could live on venison. My favorite memory...this a difficult question because my hunting career is loaded with great memories, but if I had to pick one it would be one of my first harvests from when I was in high school. It was the day after Christmas, cold and snowy, and nobody wanted to hunt with me that morning. They had all either harvested their deer or were just burned-out from hunting so much that year. Anyway, I sat in the snow that morning till I was cold and wet, then I began slinking down the mountain towards my truck...thinking mostly about drying off, getting warmed up and having a nice breakfast! I cut a track part way down the mountain that headed into an old clearcut, so I followed it to the edge of the cut which was very thick. I couldn't see very well into the cut, so I climbed up onto an old rotten stump and bedded there just 10 yards inside the cut was a fat spike buck! The arrow was on the way before I could decide what to do, and the rest is history! Everybody was shocked, and proud, when I brought the spike home with me that cold, wet, snowy morning!

My favorite WMU is 3D in northeast PA, because I have spots in the gamelands and State Forests up there that I rarely see another hunter. Now, mind you, this is big woods, so targets are few and far between, but the serenity is second to none and the connection to my true being are stronger there than anywhere else I have ever been.

My DYI publicland bowhunt would have to be an elk hunt. Just once in my life I would like to feel the hair stand up on the back of my neck as a mature bull elk is bugling on his way to our predetermined destiny together! My heart is beating out of my chest as I imagine the scene unfolding here at my computer!!!!

Lastly, a tip for my fellow bowmen. Never apologize for answering the call of your Spirit. The hunt is was what completes our journey here, those who have lost their way will one day understand the calling. Hopefully, it will not be too late for them!

NanookOdaNorth

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum