PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Ok...advice please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ok...advice please.

Post by TBurgee on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:25 am

I've now hinted for a few years now...10 off and on, the last two as often as I could. I recently bought a sammick sage recurve. I have one eye, so kidding distance is a little difficult for me. I've always heard instinctive shooting takes distance guessing out of the game so to speak. Having always used sights, and having shot maybe 10 arrows out of the safe (been working) how feasible is it for a one eyed guy to learn to shoot this way ? I'm not talking gap shooting, I mean... Real instinctive. I understands it under a lot of debate...

TBurgee

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok...advice please.

Post by TBurgee on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:27 am

That should say hunted..

TBurgee

Back to top Go down

Post by TBurgee on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:28 am

And sage...not safe. Stupid auto correct

TBurgee

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:51 pm

If you can throw a baseball with somewhat accuracy then you will be able to shoot a recurve or longbow. Good luck!
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Trooper wrote:If you can throw a baseball with somewhat accuracy then you will be able to shoot a recurve or longbow.  Good luck!

That is really interesting and never thought about it. Maybe that is why I didn't do too bad for my first time instinctive. Is this well known?
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:39 pm

Don't know if it's well know or not but throwing a ball and shooting a trad bow is based on the same principal. It's hand to eye coordination. After thinking about it I feel that if you have a good right eye then you need to shoot right handed and visa versa. I shoot right handed and just tried shooting my recurve with my left eye closed and it worked fine. I shot a lil high at first but after a few shots I was zoned in. Good luck!
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top