PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

hunting exercise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hunting exercise

Post by Northwoodslayer on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:07 pm

How many of you have an offseason/ during season exercise regimen that you use? I do basic body weight exercises like push ups, sit-ups, stretching, and cardio on the elliptical trainer.

STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Re: hunting exercise

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:06 pm

hiking, chopping wood canoeing and shooting My bow. These thinks are a good work out with everyday stuff going on.. I had Heart Surgery (Heart Valve) and a pacemaker/defibrillator so I can't do a real good hard work out any more.

Back to top Go down

Post by TradbowInOregon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:35 pm

I do a lot of hiking in my preseason scouting. Exercising has never been an issue due to military training but, after April, I will be done with all that and will have to force myself to stick with it.

TradbowInOregon

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 pm

I used to be strictly an "iron head". Still am, but now that i'm in my early 40's incorporating much more cardio. Off season besides the gym, I love mtn biking, hiking/scouting, swimming, tennis, rock climbing, canoeing, rafting. Bty, I LOVE splittin wood! Smile

This was a 40 mile bike ride I did, last summer. We rode 20 miles, stopped 1 hour for lunch, then 20 miles back. (not to self)A Walmart mtn bike is NOT a good idea for such a ride!

Last edited by Dave Mullins on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msaskins on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:00 am

I do a lot of wood cutting, but leave the splitting to the log splitter.
I do pull-ups, push-ups, and when I'm not practicing with my bow I use one of those rubber bow exercisers.
When I'm not doing any of those things I like to exercise on the couch and eat ice cream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Holy crap Dave! I think I'll be inviting you along on some of these long deer drags! Ha, ha just kidding Very Happy It's good to see may of you are into exercise. I know myself, being 40 something it is more crucial than ever to stay in shape. Ihave a 7 yr. old that also keeps me hoppin'. I used to play football and baseball in high school and was a Golden Gloves boxer. I feel better now than I did back in my 20's and 30's due to more excercise and cleaner living. It willalso insure, God willing that I can be in the great outdoors for many, many years to come.

Back to top Go down

Post by AK0tA on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 am

[quote="msaskins" I like to exercise on the couch and eat ice cream.[/quote]

This is the best exercise program ever bar none. Icecream is my down fall as well and cake and cookies and chocolate.
I work hard but with this economy I shut down my Home Improvement business and have been working at a Library I also do EMT stuff. For exercise I do pull ups, push ups, crunches and leg lifts and some home made martial arts. Every morning I jog,run 2 miles with my dog and as part of my New years resolution I have been doing my morning run in my old hunting gear and climber strapped on and working on extending my route. Getting into my mid 40's I'm finding it much harder to stay in shape but my dog keeps me heading out.

If my routine stops working I may just build a camo electric 4 x 4 heated couch with a built in cooler and recliner and stick to the mountian roads.
AK0tA

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:29 pm

My exercise routine is usually chasing kids. But a couple months before season starts I'll make daily 2-3 mile walks starting with a 50lb pack & working up to 80lbs. I'll also start hanging my stand twice a day to shot a few arrows. On my off season scouting trips I'll normally walk 6-8 miles. I try to make a scouting trip at least once every couple weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top