PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Deer Movement

Go down

Deer Movement

Post by Parkersdad on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:25 am

Just wanted to see how the deer were moving in your part of the country. For most of early season the deer in North Carolina have not been visible. That is for me anyway. The last two weeks I am finally starting to see some deer. How is it where you are?

Parkersdad
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Deer Movement

Post by NanookOdaNorth on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Antlerless deer were frequent visitors early on but things have slowed considerably. Probably because of all the hunters in the woods...my public spots are small and tend to be crowded on weekends when I can hunt. The cooler weather tomorrow morning may have them on the move and I plan to sit all day, so I will report on any changes. I'm expecting to see antlers tomorrow...1 year anniversary of last year's buck harvest. They were really moving last year and it wasn't as cold as tomorrow is supposed to be!

STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.ShopBuckClark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm sure they're moving, they just haven't been moving in the area I'm in or the time I'm in the woods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Posted Boy Gallego on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Yep, same as Backwaters, They are always moving, just not around us Smile I have not seen a darn thing yet.
Posted Boy Gallego
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Found a nice rub line about a week ago. Also found 1st scrape of the year the other day. Lot of food out there this year, making it very difficult. Been told by others about bucks chasing does. Finding all the right sign but no deer.
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by stickbndr on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Found the first scrap line on Oct. 4. It's still being hit, just not when I'm there. not much for rubs this year. Had 3 bucks come by trailing at 1:30 this past Saturday. I was looking for a tree when I heard it grunt coming towards me. Only had time to take an arrow from the quiver before he appeared. An 18 inch 8 pt-at 3 ft away. The other 2 followed about 30 seconds apart. Just to thick to shoot.

stickbndr
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by north woods archer on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Guess the deer are moving up here in Maine. Walked up on a nice 8pt yesterday around 10am. He vanished quickly as they often do. Today around 10am 2 doe winded me (the same spot as yesterdays buck)
north woods archer
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down