PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting?

Post by Northwoodslayer on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:57 pm

What kinds of clothing are you all wearing bowhunting? I mix and match all kinds of clothes. If it's very cold, I wear my Columbia wool. I have the complete set except for the bibs. You can layer with it as well. I wear Under Armor and Gander Mtn. underwear then layer with fleece clothing. I have a set of snow camo from Mad Dog (parka w/ bibs) that goes well with the underwear/ fleece system. I also wear clothing from Mountain Hardware and The North Face that works great. If the wearther is warm (50's-30's) I wear chamois pants and shirts in Mossy Oak Break-Up camo. I look for freedom of movement and quiet clothing.

STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Re: what kinds of clothing do you wear for bowhunting?

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I have 2 sets of camo (2 shirts, 2 pants and camo overalls), I mostly ware earth tones and plaid.

Back to top Go down

Post by TradbowInOregon on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:34 pm

We have an early season, last weekend in Aug. to the last weekend in Sept. so, weather is pretty warm. I dress light.

If you don't connect on an animal, you get a second chance during the late season. Late Nov. to early Dec. For this I dress in layers and most of the time I wear some kind of wool.

TradbowInOregon

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:02 pm

I love old school stuff. Wool plaid, & home made stuff too. I do like 3D leafy wear also.

This is my favorite. $3 Walmart shirt, fake leaves, & spray paint. Killed 3 deer in it so far.

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Saddle clothe pants that I got from Cabelas about 12 years ago. They have been repaired numerous times. No burrs, the best. Wish I could get another pair. I have a bunch of wool clothes. Some plaid and some camo. I have a set of bibs and a vest in the Cabelas Outfitter with Gore tex. Great stuff in the wind.
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Dave, i ABSOLUTELY loved Trebark camo, especially the pattern you have! I think it is one of the all time best! I had a set of fleece trebark greys that when I wore them, it seemed the animals looked right past me. I have been experimenting with different weight fleece clothing in black, green and browns that really are amazing! I have found that if you use the shadows and movelike a chamelion, you can get really close to animals. I do alot of my scouting as I hunt, many times sneaking into bow range of animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by tpcowfish on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 pm

My best find this year would be merino wool base layer's, I tried the first lite , and they are great. Warm, and odorless when ya do work up a little sweat. A little expensive, but work great, i get cold easy, and didn't have that problem this year with the wool. Always looking for a better set of outers that are warm ,quiet, and form fitting , to bow hunt with

tpcowfish
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top