PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Deer Theif!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deer Theif!!!

Post by vortex1 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Well my state has a waterfowl refuge hunt in jackson county alabama every year, and its 9 days long. I scouted a spot about a month ago and it was covered with deer sign. The hunt started on the mornin of halloween and i was there long before daylight. Ive taken up the one stick climbin method and i feel that its probly the best way to get up a tree and hang a loc on(shoutout to cbigbear:)) i was filmin that mornin and had my sony handycam with me and had high hopes of gettin my first self filmed kill. Bout 8:00am i had a spike come by and bwtween me positioning the camera he managed to slip out of range. I had several more does come by later but none i had a shot at. Bout 10:10 i was bout ready to climb down and hunt a biscuit so i decided to talk a little bit about my hunt on the camera, in the process i happened to look up and here came mr spike walkin right back at me. So i turned the camera around and got ready. The deer waked by at bout 27 yrds and i took the shot. I hot him a little back but the 190grn simmons tree shark took up the slack for me;) got the whole thing on film and i was excited. I climbed down and sure enough blood everwhere. My cousin was huntin not to far from me so i gave the deer a little time and went and got him to help me look for it. We went back and got on the blood and followed great blood for bout 150yrds to the back edge of a soybean field where the blood led me to a spot in the field with a large volume of blood drag marks and boot tracks right behind a very noticeable set of mud tire tracks leading in and out of the field. I was very UNHAPPY needless to say. The game warden was notified and told me that its happened several times before. Im hopin that whoever took the deer was starvin to death and needed the meat. But my first camera kill was stolen from me saturday october 31,2015. Ur thoughts on these events gentlemen?

Last edited by vortex1 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Messed up)
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Re: Deer Theif!!!

Post by scrub buck on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:08 am

That sucks I've never had a deer stolen but I know several people that have had em stolen

scrub buck

Back to top Go down

Post by madeforthewoods on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:21 pm

Thankfully never happened to me but I have heard of it happening once or twice. It's a shame really
madeforthewoods
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:22 pm

When I hear of this situation I wonder if maybe the other hunter shot it. ??? Could happen. I believe the code of ethics back in the 70s the hunter with first blood was given the deer if it was recovered by someone else - but so many things in bowhunting are not taught nor understood the way things were commonly taught back then. And hey I'm not believing a guy would not notice a simmons hole even if he did hit it. Four years ago I shot 2 bucks one afternoon - about 2 minutes after I shot the first one I heard a muzzleloader go off !??!?!?! this is inside city limits!! So couple a minutes after I shot the second buck I quickly recovered him about 70 yards away - then down to the creekbottom another 40 or so yards - I looked across with my binoculars and sure enough I saw a guy tagging that spike buck!!!! Amazing he acted like the deer didin't have a broadhead hole right through it. I never let on and backed away - my other buck was a beautiful 8 point. I was happy to only deal with one deer - both recovered - both headed to a freezer.
Good Hunting
Cory<><
<--------------------------<<<<<<

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex1 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:17 am

Well i thought of that but the tire tracks leading in and out of the field kinda sealed the deal plus i followed pretty much constant blood from where i shot him to where he was picked up. I dont know maybe they wer starvin and needed the meat in which case i woulda just gave them the deer after i took a few pictures with it. That was my first camera kill spike or not i was as proud of that deer as i would have been a boone and crocket. But either way whats done is done. Sucks that dude tagged ur spike man an congrats on the 8 point:)
vortex1
FORUM STATE REP
FORUM STATE REP

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Can't sweat to it, but I was walking in and had three deer jump and stand and look back, and I shot one of the doe with my muzzleloader a hundred yards or so from the road a number of years ago. It ran up towards the road leaving very little blood, but as I moved slowly up the blood trail, I heard a pickup where two guys had been having lunch when I went in spitting gravel and moving off, thats when I found the drag in the leaves about 20 yards from the road along the spotty blood trail. Pretty sure my deer took a ride with them. It does happen, and it does suck.

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS: MARYLAND CHAPTER REPRESENTATIVE
SlowBow
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top