PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Bear Sonoma Makeover

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bear Sonoma Makeover

Post by heydeerman on Thu May 12, 2016 8:22 pm

My beautiful wife bought me this bow for Christmas last year. Me being somewhat of a bow snob tried my best to be excited. But since she thought of me I made a string for it and shot it. Kind of impressed me, it wasn't near the dog I thought it was gonna be. It had an unfinished look to it. The edges were hard, the grip was big and bulky, and there was grinding marks all over it. But it shoots pretty good and I kept picking it up.

The other day I picked it up to go out back to fling a few and I noticed a spot on the riser that seemed raised. I grabbed some sandpaper and started working on that spot. Then I started on some of the grinding marks. Then the Dremel came out and i started working the grip. Next thing I know I have the whole riser sanded down and I started re shaping it smoothing out the hard lines. After about 6 hours, I had it looking pretty good. Once I got it where I wanted , I started wet sanding to knock down the grain. The handle is made of Zebrawood which is nice looking wood but I prefer a dark bow. Stained it ebony...about 5 coats, gave the limbs a paint job...didn't care for the decals, then sealed it with Spar Eurothane. Dressed it up with some seal skin and she turned out real nice. There is about $160 total in this bow and it's ready to hunt.

Last edited by heydeerman on Thu May 12, 2016 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding picture)
heydeerman
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bear Sonoma Makeover

Post by heydeerman on Thu May 12, 2016 8:31 pm

heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down