PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Repel Mosquito Stop for clothing and gear.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Repel Mosquito Stop for clothing and gear.

Post by Uncle Bob on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:39 am

Last year every time I went into the woods I would get at least a dozen deer ticks on me. I bumped into a friend and we started talking about bow hunting and I explained the tick situation in my area. He suggested Permethone and told me I could get it at BPS. I ran over there and they were all out but they had Repel. I needed something so I bought some. You spray this stuff on your clothes and let it dry then your good to go. You are supposed to treat your clothes every two weeks but I didn't and never had another tick on me the whole season.
I was leaving the woods one day and I took off my treated outer hunting clothes (Camo hoody and camo bib coveralls) before I got in my truck like I always do. On my way home decided to take a quick check of this spot I had my eye on. I was in woods for about 15 minutes and when I got out I was covered in deer ticks.
Today I ran out into the woods to check my trail cam. it probably took ten minutes and I had ticks on me. Don't they know it's winter? I wasn't wearing my treated clothes.
So all I'm trying to say here is if you have a deer tick problem Repel Mosquito Stop works great!

Last edited by Uncle Bob on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error.)
Uncle Bob
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Re: Repel Mosquito Stop for clothing and gear.

Post by Backwaters Bowhunter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:30 am

Thanks for the advice!

Back to top Go down

It does work

Post by TN hunter on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:41 pm

I used the Repel mostly during turkey season. Never had a tick on me. So I can definitely say it works. Wonder if it would work during early bow season in the south. It says on the can scent free. Don't know if I am brave enough to try it in the deer woods though.
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Repel Mosquito Stop for clothing and gear.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum