PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

SUMMIT MOD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SUMMIT MOD

Post by Waiting4Fall on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:18 am

This is old, & I'm going to the Guido's Web. However, someone MIGHT get an idea from this.

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SUMMIT MOD

Post by NavyDave on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Dave,
I saw this mod on Youtube and was wondering how you supported the pipe insulation in the back on the V bar? I just bought a summit razor sd cause I was just too figity and uncomfortable in my open shot. I took off all the cheappipe insulation that came with the stand and put some on that I got from lowes and wrapped it in camo duct tape. That hanging seat is HARD to stay awake in. I ran some 550 cord across the V bar in 3 places and put pipe insulation around them for back support. I wrapped that in camo tape from Wally World. Sitting on the folded seat helps me sit higher which is great cause I'm a short guy. The only thing I don't like is that he back support now rubs against the tree when I'm climbing.

NavyDave

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting4Fall on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:16 am

camo duct tape is what I used.

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NavyDave on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Roger...thanks

NavyDave

Back to top Go down

Post by NavyDave on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm finding it hard to find hockey tape in SE Georgia..... Laughing

NavyDave

Back to top Go down

Foot rest

Post by Cbigbear on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:49 pm

One of the best upgrades I have made to my Bushmaster is adding a footrest. My homemade footrest is actual the folding seat bar off my open shot climber. I drill two holes in the bottom section of the climber & added a piece of all thread. The seat bar was already drilled & the all thread runs right thru the existing holes.
Attachments
Picture 065.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(90 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
Cbigbear
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:53 pm

I can get pics any bigger to load. Pm me your email address.

Back to top Go down

Post by NavyDave on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:48 am

I think that bushmaster is the perfect summit bowhunting stand. If I had to do it all over again I would have not bought the Razor SD and bought that one. Ths side rails are too high for my "short stature". Because of that I do not have the ability to shoot my trad bow to the sides or behind like I could with my Summit Open Shot. I have been looking at the Tree Saddle (nobody has smalls) and the GW for a few years now but can't get over having to carry some kind of climbing system.

NavyDave

Back to top Go down

Summit Bushmaster

Post by Z7 Mcclain92 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:53 pm

My Mods to my summit bushmaster,
Attachments
summit climber.jpg my mods to my summit bushmaster,pipe insulation, camo duct tape, camo spray paint jobYou don't have permission to download attachments.(98 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Z7 Mcclain92

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetailwick on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Hey z7, is that seat comfy like that? I have an open shot that I want to modify. Havent used it much till this year and it not comfortable,but is lite. Going to cut bar off bottom under seat and experment with new seat style. My upper part is so lite that when you stand up for shot you have to be carfull and not bump it or it will lossen and slide down tree. And shorten the cables cause they stick out to far on smaller trees.Cables catch my pants and cause it to slip I will post some pics when done,before and after, thanks.

whitetailwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Z7 Mcclain92 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm

whitetailwick wrote:Hey z7, is that seat comfy like that? I have an open shot that I want to modify. Havent used it much till this year and it not comfortable,but is lite. Going to cut bar off bottom under seat and experment with new seat style. My upper part is so lite that when you stand up for shot you have to be carfull and not bump it or it will lossen and slide down tree. And shorten the cables cause they stick out to far on smaller trees.Cables catch my pants and cause it to slip I will post some pics when done,before and after, thanks.

It is i have fallen asleep a couple times in it in this pic i have the seat slid all the way back, when i sit i pull it out more away from the tree. i also use a thin thermaseat i either sit on it or fold it up against the tree to keep my lower back a little warmer, plus i add pipe insulation and camo duct. its very comfortable wieghs about 18-20 pounds.With my backpack straps i flipped them upside down so the cables are behind my head and not much higher then the top of my head (with the cables in all the way), same with my openshot. I also pull my straps tight and dont let them hang when im hunting. I have also used an openshot i actually perfer the open shot more. id love to have an open shot seat and the bush master platform. Most of the deer i shot out of an openshot when i spotted the deer i would just lower the seat to the platform and turn the seat away from your shins and stand tight to the tree before shooting.
Attachments
summitts.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(19 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Z7 Mcclain92

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetailwick on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 pm

I went out and looked at how I could make it better for what it is.I think I will cut off 2 1/2 inches on front, bottom bar gotta go as it hurts my butt,then I will put light weight aluminum plate on bottom,take seat foam and recess it in. And cut cable so it wont hang out.One problem I see is theres not much room to stand on.Anyway I will try to post a video or pics soon.

whitetailwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Z7 Mcclain92 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 pm

whitetailwick wrote:I went out and looked at how I could make it better for what it is.I think I will cut off 2 1/2 inches on front, bottom bar gotta go as it hurts my butt,then I will put light weight aluminum plate on bottom,take seat foam and recess it in. And cut cable so it wont hang out.One problem I see is theres not much room to stand on.Anyway I will try to post a video or pics soon.

Yes that bar does hurt after sitting awhile, possibly just replace the seat cushion its self, im guess you have the older openshot where the seat doesnt flip up, maybe replacing it with a thick thermaseat the ones that are close to 3 inches think that might help instead off doing all that fabrication work to it possibly put pipe insulation over that bar i never tried that. i Always sit for about an hour and stand for about a half an hour just move around a little. I would definetly cut the cable ends if they are a tad to long.
Z7 Mcclain92

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetailwick on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSKhUbfHvA

Part 1 if this thing loads.

whitetailwick

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetailwick on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:04 am

whitetailwick

Back to top Go down

Post by NavyDave on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Great Job. Definitely gonna try it.

NavyDave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cbigbear on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Nice job whitetail. Here's another Open shot mod with a folding seat.
http://www.bayoubucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29185&highlight=Summit

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetailwick on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks guy ,I beleive its it going to be much more cumfy.

whitetailwick

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman on Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 pm

I use this on my Vipers. Easy to install, comfortable, and slide back out of the way when standing.

http://hazmore.net/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by NavyDave on Sun May 12, 2013 10:46 pm

Just got mine on order! Thanks!

NavyDave

Back to top Go down

Post by heydeerman on Sat May 18, 2013 9:54 am

Something else I did to my old seat when I replaced it. I cut the bottom off, the part your butt sits on, and kept the back. I take that part up and put it on the tree for a soft back. If I am coming back to that tree that evening or the next day I leave it on the tree so I can climb to the exact spot.
heydeerman

http://www.tradarchers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top