PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Just Venting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just Venting

Post by NavyDave on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Went to Paulke's Pasture WMA today with 2 buddies. it's about 40 minutes away, and a few miles North of Brunswick, GA. WE got there at 9 am to scout all morning and hunt the afternoon. We went toa power line that has been moed recentley and saw a few deer crossing. My buddies were hunting with their rifles and decided that was the place for them. There were about 4 roads that split the power line and swamp drains inbetween them. I set up a few hundred yards from them on the edge of and drain and pine woods. Awesome spot, perfect tree, wide open infront of me and swamp behind me with tracks all over. Got in the tree about 1 pm and settled in for a long and hopefully fruitfull sit. About 3 pm and silver truck pulls in on the road between me and my buddy and parkes inthe middle of the powerline field. He gets out and starts hollering. Of course, he's got a gog box in the back bed of his truck! He hollers a few times and takes off. At 430pm he comes back. 2 guys get out and start hollering! On the other side of me another truck pulls up witha dog box and 2 more guys get out and start hollering! 16,000 acres and these guys are running dogs in the same spot I'm trying to hunt! Me and the guy closest to me decide our hunt is over and I get out of the tree. As soon as they see us they split. It was too late to find another spot to hunt so we get back to the check station and check the regs and, as I thought, they weren't supposed to be running dogs. Needless to say I am aggrevated as hell! Sucks when you make plans, spend money, and your expectations are squashed by douchebags! Just venting..... Man that was a great spot!

NavyDave

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Venting

Post by Waiting4Fall on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:56 pm

That sucks for sure! That is part of the challenge of hunting public land, my friend. Such things have probably happened to most of us here. Lord willin, there's always next time. Smile

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwoodslayer on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:16 am

Kinda sounds like Murphy's Law, what can go wrong will go wrong! It sucks but that is one of the challenges of hunting public land. I was hunting in a treestand 20+ ft. above the ground when I hear a gunshot and then the bullet whizzing past my head at inches away. The shooter shot 3 more times with the bullets whizzing by the same distance as I climbed out fo the tree and raised Holy Hell with this person. I guarantee he won't do that again! Like I said those are the kinds of things that happen hunting public areas. I am sorry your hunt went FUBAR.
Northwoodslayer

STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by SlowBow on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:05 pm

Shame it was right on top of you like that.Sometimes that sort of activity can work to your advantage.

I`ve had hunts ruined by hunters running dogs (had a rabbit hunt jump a deer I had shot already, and I wasn`t able to recover,it had clotted) I`ve also taken fire on stand, has hunters strap their stands on and climb up 20 yards away knowing full well I was there.

The most fun I`ve had out there was before the hunter harassment laws were passed, dealing with the animal rights activists protesting at the public hunting area and following hunters into the woods.

PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS: MARYLAND CHAPTER REPRESENTATIVE
SlowBow

http://www.camochairproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: