PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS
Welcome to the PUBLIC LAND BOWHUNTERS forum.

On behalf of public land bowhunters, throughout our great nation, I work on this forum almost daily. I am striving to make this forum the very best all public land, bowhunting forum on the internet.

Look around, see if THIS FORUM is something YOU want to be a part of. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so join our forum today! All the best.-
Dave Mullins Forum Creator/Admin/Mod

Rhinehart 18-1 or Buck Target

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhinehart 18-1 or Buck Target

Post by Spauldo on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:25 pm

I am starting to shoot broadheads a lot more and the field point target I have won't last long. I would like to go with Rhinehart for my broadhead target. I only have money for one. Should I go 18-1 or a 3D deer? What do ya think?
Spauldo
STATE REP/FOUNDING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Re: Rhinehart 18-1 or Buck Target

Post by Waiting4Fall on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:46 pm

18-1 is a real good broadhead target. They will replace it free, if you shoot thru it in less than one year from the purchase date.

Alot of deer targets have replaceable mid sections, plus you can repair them with expanding foam. This will give you much more realistic practice, with different angles that you might experience during a hunt.

I used to have this "VR DEER SERIES" target, and it was a great one. Reasonable price, very durable, easy to repair for a couple years, before replacement is a must.

This is my suggestion, but you do what is best for you.
http://www.randwtargets.com/pages/cat_1.html

Also, don't forget about plain, ole sand. It's a great broadhead target.

FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD

http://www.publiclandbowhunters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks for the link to the 3D targets. I built a loft bed for my kiddo this summer already and am not in project mode currently, but I like your sandbox. Just bigger kids with bigger toys:)
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by bowonly on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:39 am

Rhinehart durability is hard to beat but the realism of shooting a life sized target has it's own benefits. I have a Rhinoblock by Rhinehart and have been shooting it now for 3 years. The replaceable center is shot up pretty bad but the other 4 sides still have a lot of life left in them. Good thing about it, is that 2 of the sides have a deer silhouette.
bowonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Spauldo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Ended up with a Rhinehart Broadhead Buck target. Talked with the folks at R&W and think I will go that way for the next one. The Rhinehart is excellent.
Spauldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny52 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:09 pm

I used the 18 in 1 for over a year while shooting over a hundred rounds a day. My buddy up north shoots only broadheads and the same amount of shots as me. He gets almost a year.

I had the deer and it lasted 2 years with field points and the occasional broadhead. Amazing targets!

Tiny52
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by TN hunter on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 pm

The 18-1 is a good target I shoot approx 60 arrows a day twice a day during the summer and mine is holding up fine. I've had mine for over a year I shoot mostly fp's in it.
TN hunter
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1
ACTIVE POSTER LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by fallvitals on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:48 am

Dad and I went half on a 18-1. Shooting only broadheads on it just before season, it lasted 3 or 4 years (3 I think ) while also being out in the weather. We liked it so much we replaced it with another. Good product.

fallvitals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top